Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SDCC - Somehow pulled it off I think!

Well, SDCC starts tonight and I've spent the last several days prepping my promo stuff to show to publishers. 4 submission packages and several teasers later, I don't have the total number I wanted, but enough to make a statement, definitely.

I got some of the promo stuff printed yesterday and saw some samples... I'm so jazzed at how some of the art and my graphic design came through. Had some guidance along the way from Michael Nelsen (graphic designer by day, comic artist by night), but still, I'm just happy with how things turned out.

Pitches, pitches, and more pitches... You'd think that after some of these projects have been stewing in my brain for six months or longer (one is around six years old), the pitches would come out... well... not so much. It took several drafts, proof-reads, reading out loud, re-writing, etc, until I ended up with some very nice final products. Am I an expert at writing pitches? Heck no, but I definitely have more experience than I did when I first wrote the pitch for Faction around six months ago.

Anyway, I'm going to try and get some pictures of preview night up tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment