Thursday, February 5, 2009

A legend has passed... Pay your respects to Lux Interior from the Cramps...

I'm not sure if you've heard of them, but if you haven't, you've missed out... Lux Interior, lead singer of The Cramps, the first horror-punk band started back in the late seventies, has died. I've been listening to them for around fifteen years, I think, back when I first got into Garage Punk while I was working at Waldenbooks in Carlsbad... I went with a friend to a White Zombie concert just so I could get a glimpse of the Cramps and I wasn't disappointed. Lux was on stage doing his thing, singing songs like "Human Fly", "Green Fuzz", and "Goo Goo Muck" and at one point, climbed up on one of the huge amps on stage, stuck the mic in his mouth, and started, well, making moves on the top of the amp, grunting into the mic, which sounded odd since it was in his mouth at the time.

Regardless, the loss of Lux is a blow to the punk world whether you've heard of him or not...

http://www.thecramps.com
http://www.myspace.com/cramping

No comments:

Post a Comment