Thursday, February 19, 2009

Progress and progress...

Progress, progress, and more progress.... Denman and I have been talking and are working to get everything we need for a submission package good to go by about mid-June. It's going to be tough, because there's a lot to do (sorry Denman!), but it's got to be done. I've done some serious research on where I'm going to need to wander around at SDCC this year to get things looked at and I'm prepared to dig in, wait in lines, beg, borrow, plead, coerce, or whatever I have to do to get my foot in the door. I'm not looking for a HUGE publisher to pick up the book, necessarily, but, trust me, it deserves to be published, it's a great project and needs some attention accordingly. We'll see how that goes, but I CAN'T WAIT to get the stuff printed out, glossy and purdy...

As for Small Press Idol 2009 - FACTION is coming along nicely... KT and I have been exchanging emails regularly (sometimes quite a few in a day) to get things worked out. The script for our issue 0 is written, edited, and I'm very very pleased with how that process went. I'm actually writing issue 1 right now, preparing for the possibility that we could win this thing! I love the world, I love the characters, and I love the messy situations I'm putting the main character into. KT is making some great progress on our Round 2 portion of the competition and I'm jazzed with how things are turning out.

Across the board when it comes to comics it's really amazing to see the conversion from written text to sketches to the final inked, colored, and dynamic product. I look at things and think "did I dream this up?" I just can't believe things are finally coming together like this and I can't wait to share everything with the world.... Once that's done, of course, time to start cranking on one of my other billion comic-related projects... Take a deep breath, Erik, you've got a while to wait before you can do that. yeah yeah yeah.... whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment