Thursday, March 19, 2009

Freelance writing

Apparently there's something to freelance writing! I call myself one, but I didn't really think that people would come to me asking for me to write specific things for video games, other comic books, etc... Suddenly in the last week I've received five mails from various people asking to work with me on projects. Typically it's their idea and they want me to help them by scripting, providing ideas, etc... No complaints here! I've always said I didn't want to be a "hired monkey", but if I find the projects interesting, it definitely seems like the way to go and it's great practice for eventually working in the big leagues as a writer. Very nice!

Progress on things? Working to get updates on various projects, find the "right" project for some artists, etc... Small Press Idol is still a blast and the people involved have been awesome every step of the way. No complaints about the judges as long as none of them throw a "meh" my direction.... ha ha ha...

Anywho, I think that's it from me for now. Just waiting for the wife to get ready so we can go out for a bit, do some grocery shopping, and come back to catch up on some tv. Writing today? Guessing I won't have the time, but that's okay, there's always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment