Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The hard thing about days off from work...

Time off from work is a blessing and a curse sometimes... In my last job, working at Unisys, lead of the logistics department, yadda yadda yadda, it sometimes felt like when I took a day off, it took me 2 days to catch up. I would leave these novel length instructions of what needed to be done while I was gone, what freight would come over from manufacturing, pre-route international shipments, etc... basically I would grease the wheels to the point where it was idiot proof. I know the guys I worked with could handle it, but I figured they had their own things to do, so I should make it as easy as possible for them. In my current job, I haven't encountered too much of that... Typically if I take a day off, no biggie, I can catch up the next day. This time around, though, wow! I took 2 days off from work and I felt today like I was catching up from a 2 week vacation! 12 hours later, I'm finally turning off the work computer and getting ready to turn on WhereMonstersDwell.ca for this week's show. Time to relax a bit, listen, have dinner with my wife, and then sleep!

Vegas WAS fun, however... One thing I love about going there is that A) we get free rooms, B) we know where to gamble, and C) we typically leave with a little more than we came with. I think there has only been one out of the last 8 or so times we went to Vegas that we really lost any money. Nice, huh? We're not high rollers or anything, not by a long shot, but still, it's pretty darned cool to have something to be happy about when we come back. Would have been really nice to hit a decent jackpot, but I'm happy with my wife's score of 7500 nickels on a nickel slot. That paid for the rest of our gambling, food, and trinkets. Way to go!

Anywho, if you've noticed, not a lot of comic book updates recently... Well, Round 4 of Small Press Idol starts up in a few weeks and SDCC is shortly after that. I have a few artists scrambling to get art ready for SDCC and Arnie is working on Round 4 of SPI. I get some art here and there, but nothing I can post at this time.

More ideas are brewing, some of which look to be VERY promising and there are some big things planned for post Small Press Idol, too, but I'm not going to jinx anything by blabbing about it. Cross your fingers, prepare to "vote" in Round 4, and there we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment