Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Evil Tree - From Fact to Fiction... and horror



A little bit on the Evil Tree... So, the original concept came to me late one night, probably at 2 in the morning. I don't know if I ate some bad food or something, but my dreams were very vivid. This in particular brought into plan a certain tree, which up until a few months ago was right up the hill from my house. The dream had some friends, my wife, and I driving out to this house in the middle of the night and when we got out of the car, the story really began. And so starts the story of the Evil Tree, too! The names have changed, the plot changed a bit from that initial dream, but at heart, the story is a synthesis between the amazing dead tree pictured and my dream.

When I woke up at 2am, I had to start writing or I wouldn't have gone back to sleep... I got up, ran into the office, and started typing away, getting that initial brain dump out of the way like I usually do when an idea first strikes. I can't recommend that enough! I've had so many situations where I don't remember to take down notes and then later I can't remember these "brilliant" ideas I had.

Anywho, hope you like seeing Denman's vision of the tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment